Zucchini 'Pasta' Alfredo
'Zoodles'. Very quick and very unsinfully delicious.
Write a review
Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat 56
% Daily Value *
Total Fat 6g
Saturated Fat 3g
Trans Fat 0g
Polyunsaturated Fat 1g
Monounsaturated Fat 3g
Total Carbohydrates 7g
Dietary Fiber 2g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
- ½ cup part skim milk ricotta
- ½ cup grated Parmesan, Romano, or Locatelli cheese
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 3 medium zucchini, cut into strips, noodles, zoodles, rounds, or strips
- Crushed red pepper
- In a bowl or food processor blend ricotta, Parmesan, ¼ teaspoon salt and black pepper to taste. Set aside.
- In a large skillet or wok, saute the garlic in the olive oil until lightly golden. Add zucchini noodles and toss over medium high heat until softened, 4 to 5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper to taste, along with a pinch of crushed red pepper. Remove pan from heat.
- Add the cheese mixture to the pan and carefully fold in as it softens and melts. Add additional salt and pepper to taste if needed.
- Zucchini noodles are hot right now. I do not have a spiral cutter ("Veggetti",widely available in stores) ,but I do have a mandolin. You can use a knife or a vegetable peeler or even cut across into rounds. This is a creamy cheesy 10! Keep the flavors simple and clean to showcase the zucchini. It's just delicious, fresh and healthy!
POST-OP LIVING http://recipes.chicoweightloss.com/wp/