Zucchini Noodles Chow Mein w/ Pork
Use a Spiralizer to create the zucchini noodles.
Write a review
Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat 93
% Daily Value *
Total Fat 10g
Saturated Fat 3g
Trans Fat 0g
Polyunsaturated Fat 1g
Monounsaturated Fat 5g
Total Carbohydrates 6g
Dietary Fiber 2g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
- 2 medium zucchini
- 2 tablespoons (30ml) soy sauce (use Tamari for gluten free)
- 1 teaspoon (5ml) vinegar
- 2 teaspoons (10ml) oyster sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon (3ml) sugar
- 1 tablespoon (15ml) olive oil, grapeseed oil or any cooking oil
- 1/2 medium onion, diced
- 2-3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 pound (225g) ground pork
- 1 small red bell pepper, thin sliced
- 1 large carrot, julienned
- kosher or sea salt, to taste
- fresh cracked black pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup (60ml) chopped cilantro (optional)
- chili garlic sauce, sriracha or hot sauce (optional)
- Cut zucchini into noodles with spiralizer, julienne tool or mandolin. Set aside.
- Make the sauce: In medium bowl combine soy sauce, vinegar, oyster sauce and sugar. Set aside.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet on medium high heat. Add onions and garlic, cook till soft.
- Add pork and cook until brown, about 3-5 minutes. Add red bell pepper and carrot. Cook until vegetables are tender, about 2 minutes.
- Add the zucchini noodles and the sauce. Stir everything in the pan until coated and continue cooking until zucchini noodles are tender, about 2-3 minutes.
- Garnish with cilantro, serve with hot sauce.
- Portion sizes based on bariatric portions
POST-OP LIVING http://recipes.chicoweightloss.com/wp/