Write a review
Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat 56
% Daily Value *
Total Fat 6g
Saturated Fat 4g
Trans Fat 0g
Polyunsaturated Fat 0g
Monounsaturated Fat 2g
Total Carbohydrates 3g
Dietary Fiber 0g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
- 1½ cups ricotta - use a brand like Calabro that is dryer and your result will be better
- 1 large egg
- ¼ teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg - Badia brand under one dollar for 3 whole nutmegs
- 1 lemon for zesting
- ¼ cup Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons flour
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- olive oil
- Blend the ricotta, egg, nutmeg, ½ teaspoon lemon zest, Parmesan, flour, ½ teaspoon salt and a few grinds of black pepper until a thick batter forms.
- Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a nonstick skillet over medium high heat and use a big spoon to make dollops of mixture in the pan - I like to make many, small fritters as they are easier to flip over. Cook for 1 to 2 minutes, peek under the edge and if nicely browned, carefully turn and cook on other side until softly firm to touch and golden brown.
- Serve plain or with a minced grape tomato salad with olive oil and balsamic.
POST-OP LIVING http://recipes.chicoweightloss.com/wp/