Mason Jar Salad
Write a review
Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat 65
% Daily Value *
Total Fat 7g
Saturated Fat 2g
Trans Fat 0g
Polyunsaturated Fat 2g
Monounsaturated Fat 2g
Total Carbohydrates 55g
Dietary Fiber 8g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
- 1 tablespoon dressing of your choice
- 1/3-1/2 cup raw veggies like diced tomato, cucumber, red onion, the list is endless
- 1/4 c of starch (such as brown rice, quinoa, corn, or beans)
- 3 oz protein (chicken, turkey, tuna)
- 1/2 lettuce or spinach
- Start with a clean mason jar, or better yet, a jelly jar or 8 oz mason jar for bariatric-sized salad
- You want to layer your ingredients. First layer with the dressing then layer with hard vegetables, such as tomatoes and cucumbers, on the bottom. Then add cooked whole grain like quinoa or brown rice.
- Next, add protein such as chicken or tuna.
- Lastly, top with the protein of your choice and any “dry ingredients” such as greens (spinach, lettuce).
- Store in the fridge until you’re ready to eat. It is easy to make a bunch at a time. Then, shake, shake, shake and ENJOY or pour into a bowl.
for 30 more great Mason Jar Salads, check out
POST-OP LIVING http://recipes.chicoweightloss.com/wp/