Royanne brought these to our "all things cauliflower" class and we just couldn't believe what a great (and non-cauliflowerish) bagel these are.
Write a review
Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat 29
% Daily Value *
Total Fat 3g
Saturated Fat 1g
Trans Fat 0g
Polyunsaturated Fat 1g
Monounsaturated Fat 2g
Total Carbohydrates 5g
Dietary Fiber 1g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
- 1 small head cauliflower, cut into small florets (should yield 3 cups of cauliflower rice)
- 3 tablespoons almond flour (I used Bob’s Red Mill)
- 1 tablespoon coconut flour (I used Nutiva)
- 2 free-range organic eggs at room temperature
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon fine sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon baking powder
- Pinch of ground black pepper
- Poppy seeds, sesame seeds, minced garlic or minced onion for topping
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In a food processor rice the cauliflower florets (it should be evenly chopped but not completely pulverized).
- In a large bowl combine 3 cups of cauliflower rice, eggs, almond flour, coconut flour, garlic powder, salt and pepper. Mix well.
- Refrigerate the cauliflower mixture for 5 minutes - this will allow the almond flour and coconut flour to soak up some of the moisture.
- Take out the fridge and give it another good stir.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and lightly grease with olive oil.
- Using your hands form 4 even sized buns (squeezing the mixture so it holds together) and lay onto the lined baking sheet.
- Sprinkle toppings and lightly press them into the top. With the handle of a spoon/fork/knife the making a big hole in the middle of each bun.
- Bake in the oven for about 16 to 18 minutes, or until it reaches a bread-like consistency.
- Turn on the broiler on high, and broil for further 2 to 3 minutes until the top is golden.
- Remove from the oven and let cool completely on a rack before peeling them off the parchment paper.
POST-OP LIVING http://recipes.chicoweightloss.com/wp/