Tofu Steaks with 'Gravy'
The miso adds a gravy-like flavor. PostOp Living non-tofu lovers loved it!
Write a review
Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat 42
% Daily Value *
Total Fat 5g
Saturated Fat 1g
Trans Fat 0g
Polyunsaturated Fat 1g
Monounsaturated Fat 3g
Total Carbohydrates 4g
Dietary Fiber 1g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
- 1 (14-ounce) block extra firm tofu
- 1 tablespoon white or yello miso (find it in produce section of grocery store)
- 6 tablespoons warm water
- Vegetable oil for frying
- Scallions and black sesame seeds for garnish (optional)
- Drain and rinse tofu. Cut into 6 slices. Place tofu slices between clean kitchen towels (or paper towels) on a dish or cutting board. Gently press to remove excess water.
- In a small bowl, mix together miso, water, and ginger.
- Heat a little vegetable oil in a skillet. Fry tofu until golden on both sides. Reduce heat to low.
- Pour miso mixture over and between tofu slices and cook until sizzling.
- Just before serving, garnish with scallions and sesame seeds.
POST-OP LIVING http://recipes.chicoweightloss.com/wp/