Farmer's Market Roasted Marinara
Write a review
Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat 41
% Daily Value *
Total Fat 5g
Saturated Fat 1g
Trans Fat 0g
Polyunsaturated Fat 1g
Monounsaturated Fat 3g
Total Carbohydrates 11g
Dietary Fiber 4g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
- 1 zucchini
- 1 yellow squash
- 1 yellow onion
- 4-5 tomatoes large (or 4 pts cherry or 10-15 Romas depending on size) 6 garlic cloves
- 2 Tbsp Parsley
- 2 Tbsp Garlic (minced)
- 2 Tbsp Thyme
- 2 Tbsp Sage
- 2 Tbsp Rosemary
- 2 Tbsp Oregano
- 2 Tbsp Sea Salt
- 1 Tbsp Ground Black Pepper
- 2 Tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees.
- Score tomatoes with an X on bottom.
- Slice zucchini and squash in half long ways, then into half-moon slices.
- Slice onion in half through the root. Slice top and bottom of onion off, remove outer skin and discard. Slice onion into thin slices (Julienne). Divide in half.
- Toss half of the onion and the squash and zucchini with 1Tbsp olive oil, 1 Tbsp salt & 1/2 Tbsp pepper. Place on a sheet pan with garlic cloves and roast in oven for 20-35 minutes. Cool
- Remove skin from roasted tomatoes and place juice and tomato in bowl with all other roasted veggies.
- In a large Skillet put remaining olive oil and onion, sauté until translucent. Add garlic (add more if you like garlic!!) Throw in herbs and cook until fragrant, add roasted veggies from oven. Cook for 5-10 minutes.
- Serve immediately over your choice or noodles, or our favorite Zoodles!
POST-OP LIVING http://recipes.chicoweightloss.com/wp/