Chicken & Broccoli
Write a review
Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat 72
% Daily Value *
Total Fat 8g
Saturated Fat 4g
Trans Fat 0g
Polyunsaturated Fat 1g
Monounsaturated Fat 3g
Total Carbohydrates 14g
Dietary Fiber 3g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
- 2 bunches broccoli or 16 oz. frozen flowerrets
- 2 - 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1⁄2 cup milk or 1⁄2 cup fat free half-and-half
- 1⁄3 cup sherry wine (optional)
- 1/4 cup shredded parmesan cheese (or more to taste)
- nutmeg (optional)
- Preheat oven to 325.
- Steam broccoli for 5 minutes until crisp-tender. Alternatively, place broccoli in a shallow bowl and cover with plastic wrap. Microwave for 2-5 minutes (depending on the strength of your microwave) until crisp-tender. Drain in colander.
- In a medium frying pan, saute chicken breasts in olive oil until lightly browned, about 4-5 minutes per side. Remove from heat and drain on paper towels.
- In a small saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Whisk in flour and cook for 1-2 minutes to eliminate the taste of raw flour. Then gradually whisk in chicken broth. Bring to a boil and then reduce to a simmer until the sauce is the consistency you desire. Slowly add half and half until thoroughly blended. Add just a dash of nutmeg. Add cheese blend and whisk until combined. Add pepper to taste.
- In a 9x13 dish arrange chicken breasts (either whole or sliced) and broccoli. Pour sauce over top and sprinkle with extra cheese if desired. Cover with aluminum foil. Make several slits in the aluminum foil to allow the steam to escape.
- Note: At this point, the dish can be frozen or refrigerated.
- Bake in the oven for 30-45 minutes, taking off the aluminum foil for the last 10.
POST-OP LIVING http://recipes.chicoweightloss.com/wp/