Sugar Free Carrot Cake
Moist and delicious. Thanks, Terrye. Made for our 2016 Thanksgiving PostOp Living class.
Write a review
Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat 233
% Daily Value *
Total Fat 27g
Saturated Fat 15g
Trans Fat 0g
Polyunsaturated Fat 3g
Monounsaturated Fat 7g
Total Carbohydrates 23g
Dietary Fiber 2g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
- ¾ cup almond flour
- ¾ cup all purpose flour
- 1½ teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon cardamom
- ½ cup Truvia spoonable or 24 packets
- 3 large eggs
- One 5 ounce container Chobani Simply 100, Vanilla or Pineapple Coconut
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 cup grated carrots, freshly cut on box grater and loosely packed into measuring cup, about 3 medium carrots
- 4 ounces Philadelphia light cream cheese (not fat free, which has food starch thickeners)
- 1 cup whipping cream cream
- 1 tablespoon Jello Sugar Free Instant Vanilla Pudding powder
- ¼ cup finely chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray an 8 inch round cake pan with vegetable cooking spray and line with a round of parchment or waxed paper.
- Blend the almond flour, flour, baking powder, salt, cinnamon and cardamom in a medium bowl and set aside.
- Whisk the Truvia, eggs, yogurt, vanilla and butter in a large bowl until creamy; add the dry ingredients and mix until just blended. Fold in the carrots.
- Pour into prepared pan and bake 30 to 35 minutes until toothpick inserted near center comes out clean. Turn out onto cooling rack and peel off paper.
- Whip cream cheese until fluffy, add cream and pudding powder and beat until smooth and creamy.
- When cake is completely cooled, scrape frosting onto center of layer, spread to edges and level. Sprinkle with the walnuts. Chill until serving.
POST-OP LIVING http://recipes.chicoweightloss.com/wp/