Sweet Ricotta Pie
Dessert does not have to be a "Never" in the "new normal" eating after bariatric surgery. This is wonderful for a holiday dessert, or anytime. 5 minutes prep time!
Write a review
Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat 15
% Daily Value *
Total Fat 2g
Saturated Fat 1g
Trans Fat 0g
Polyunsaturated Fat 0g
Monounsaturated Fat 1g
Total Carbohydrates 6g
Dietary Fiber 0g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
- 3 eggs
- ½ cup Truvia or ¾ cup Splenda Granulated
- 1 cup milk or half & half (do not use fat free version as it has starch and gums)
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 pound POLLY-O original or part skim milk ricotta cheese (this is best supermarket brand, dont save a dollar and buy inferior cheese and do not use fat free as your dish will not turn out)
- 1 cup canned crushed pineapple, well drained and squeezed of moisture
- Ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Using the blender, pulse the eggs, Truvia, half & half, vanilla and ricotta until smooth. Stir in the pineapple and pour filling into glass or ceramic pie plate that has been coated with vegetable non stick spray. Sprinkle surface with cinnamon.
- Bake at 325 degrees for 35 to 40 minutes, or until the filling is slightly puffed at wide edge, turns golden and is set - meaning it should be firm, not jiggly when you gently move the pie plate from side to side - a little soft in the center is desired.
- Remove from the oven and let cool on a rack. Serve at room temperature or chilled.
POST-OP LIVING http://recipes.chicoweightloss.com/wp/