Seasonal Salad: Peach & Roasted Beet Salad with Feta
Farmer's Market seasonal salad using peaches is fresh and beautiful. This recipe is a twist from the traditional orange, beet and feta salad.
Write a review
1 hr 45 min
1 hr 45 min
Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat 27
% Daily Value *
Total Fat 3g
Saturated Fat 1g
Trans Fat 0g
Polyunsaturated Fat 0g
Monounsaturated Fat 2g
Total Carbohydrates 6g
Dietary Fiber 1g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
- 2 medium beets, trimmed
- 4 cups chopped beet greens or chard
- 3 large peaches, peeled and cubed
- 1 tablespoon sherry vinegar
- ¼ teaspoon Dijon mustard
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt, divided
- Ground pepper to taste
- 6 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- ¼ cup crumbled feta cheese
- Optional: ¼ cup coarsely chopped toasted unsalted pistachios
- 1 Preheat oven to 375°F.
- 2 Scrub beets well; wrap in foil while still wet and place in a small baking pan. Bake until the tip of a knife slips into a beet easily, 1 to 1¼ hours. Let cool, still wrapped, for 15 minutes. Unwrap and let cool for 10 minutes more. Use a paper towel to rub the skins off. Trim off the ends. Slice the beets into wedges or slices. Rinse and drain beet greens (or chard), leaving a little water still clinging to them; set aside.
- 3 Grate ½ teaspoon zest from 1 tangerine (or clementine). Slice the ends off all the fruit, then slice off the peel and white pith, following the curve of the fruit. Cut the fruit into segments or slices and set aside. Combine the zest with vinegar, mustard, ¼ teaspoon salt and a generous grinding of pepper in a medium bowl. Whisk in 4 teaspoons oil. Add the sliced beets and toss to coat; let stand for 15 minutes.
- 4 Heat the remaining 2 teaspoons oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add the greens and remaining ¼ teaspoon salt; cook, gently stirring, until just wilted, 2 to 3 minutes.
- 5. Divide the greens among 4 salad plates. Top with the beets, fruit, feta and pistachios. Drizzle with any remaining dressing.
- Most of the time to prep this salad is in the cooking time for the beets. Chopping and mixes goes quite quick.
POST-OP LIVING http://recipes.chicoweightloss.com/wp/