Creamy Alfredo Sauce (No Cream)
Write a review
3 hr 15 min
3 hr 15 min
Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat 175
% Daily Value *
Total Fat 21g
Saturated Fat 4g
Trans Fat 0g
Polyunsaturated Fat 3g
Monounsaturated Fat 13g
Total Carbohydrates 18g
Dietary Fiber 2g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
- 1 1/2 C raw cashews (soaked for 3 hours minimum)
- 1C water
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 C finely chopped white onion
- 2 large Portobello mushroom caps, thinly sliced
- 4 C thinly sliced cremini mushrooms
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 C vegetable stock
- 1/2 C dry white wine
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp dried parsley
- 2 tbsp fresh basil,finely chopped
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp ground pepper
- Rinse and drain cashews from the soaking water and add to a high-powered blender along with water, apple cider vinegar, and lemon juice. Blend until very smooth.
- In a large pan over medium heat saute onion in olive oil for 2 minutes until soft and fragrant.
- Then add mushrooms and cook for 4 minutes. When mushrooms are half cooked and start to release some moisture,stir in minced garlic, sea salt, and ground pepper and cook for another 3-4 minutes.
- Once mushrooms have shrunk and released all their water, add in white wine and simmer for 7
- minutes. Reduce heat to medium-low and stir in fresh basil and dried parsley and cook for another minute.
- Then stir in the cashew cream, and slowly stir in 1 cup of vegetable stock. Stirring for about 4 minutes.
- Serve over Zoodles!
POST-OP LIVING http://recipes.chicoweightloss.com/wp/